Thursday, November 26, 2009

Foreword

The title for . . . this . . . obviously comes from the song below. I was pretty young when Firehose stopped playing but the song has been stuck in my head for years.

There are doubts is mostly intended to be an exploration of reasons for believing. Without any sort overarching belief system I'm constantly at a loss for a foundation upon which to make any sort of judgment. Not that I don't. I do constantly, I just spend even more time second guessing. Without history, religion or meaningful authority I'm left with what I'll call benevolent moral nihilism. I might just be describing post-modern criticism. . . Not that I intend for this to be any sort of exploration of moral philosophy, I'm neither equipped nor interested enough to try something on that scale. It's just a premise, that's all.

That said, I'll probably just post links and websites. Let's find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment